What Kind of Pet Should You Get?
Are you looking for a companion, but wondering which type of pet will suit your lifestyle best? Look no further, we’ve got seven questions that will help you figure it out.
Instructions: To take this quiz, read through the questions and select one answer for each. Once you’ve finished, tally up the total number of points you got for each response and match your total to the results at the end of this page.
WHAT KIND OF PET SHOULD YOU GET?
1. I PREFER TO SNACK ON:
- Nuts and seeds (1 pt.)
- Dried Fruit (2 pt.)
- Fresh Fruit (3 pt.)
- Fish (4 pt.)
- Salad (5 pt.)
- Steak (6 pt.)
2. I DON’T MIND:
- Having to keep my eye on a tiny animal (1 pt.)
- Cleaning out a cage (2 pt.)
- Noise (3 pt.)
- Being ignored by my pet sometimes (4 pt.)
- Snuggles and the occasional nibble (5 pt.)
- Long walks (6 pt.)
3. I PREFER A PET THAT REQUIRES:
- A smaller budget (1 pt.)
- Their own living area (2 pt.)
- Plenty of interaction and time out of the cage (3 pt.)
- A cozy place to lay and plenty of stuff to climb on (4 pt.)
- Love, snacks, grooming, and hay (5 pt.)
- The most attention possible (6 pt.)
4. I WANT TO SHARE A HOME WITH:
- A tiny and cuddly roommate (1 pt.)
- Peace and quiet (2 pt.)
- Someone to talk to (3 pt.)
- A needy yet aloof roommate (4 pt.)
- A quiet yet fuzzy companion (5 pt.)
- A loyal pal (6 pt.)
5. IF I WAS A PET, I’D BE:
- Exercising in my wheel (1 pt.)
- Bonding with my cage-mate (2 pt.)
- Trying to talk to my owner (3 pt.)
- Sleeping on the windowsill (4 pt.)
- Looking for a snack (5 pt.)
- Trying to make friends with the mailman (6 pt.)
6. I WANT A PET THAT I CAN DO THE FOLLOWING WITH:
- Keep in my shirt pocket (1 pt.)
- Build maze-like tube structures around my house (2 pt.)
- Sing and dance (3 pt.)
- Netflix and chill (4 pt.)
- Have a picnic (5 pt.)
- Run on the beach (6 pt.)
7. I WANT MY PET TO:
- Keep to themselves until I interact with them (1 pt.)
- Not give me allergies (2 pt.)
- Try to groom me. Even though it isn’t effective, it sure is cute (3 pt.)
- Give me the occasional purr to let me know I’m doing well (4 pt.)
- Eat lots of healthy snacks with me (5 pt.)
- Be so excited to see me when I get home (6 pt.)
So…which pet should you get? Tally the points for your responses to see your result!
7-12 – Guinea Pig/Hamster
While they may seem lower maintenance, these small pets still require daily care and attention — just as you would with any animal in your home. But, if you’re looking for a quiet and inexpensive friend that still loves to be interacted with and played with, look no further! Something to keep in mind is that Guinea pigs tend to enjoy living with a roommate of the same species to keep them company while you’re away. But make sure they are the same sex — otherwise, you’ll end up with a lot more roommates than you expected. Hamsters, however, aren’t well suited for a roommate because they are guaranteed to fight.
13-18 – Hedgehog/Sugar Glider
These small pets are often well suited for those with allergies because of their interesting coats. Sugar gliders do require larger cages and live around twice as long as hedgehogs, but either one of these companions will give you years of joy and they can both grow an affectionate bond with their owners and families over time.
19-24 – Pet Bird
Pet Birds are known to be amongst the most affectionate and intelligent pets! Although they require minimal grooming and live in a contained space (for the most part), birds are very high maintenance in regard to attention, noise, and cleaning. Those who are looking for a lifelong companion may be interested in larger varieties of birds like Macaw parrots which can live for over 50 years!
25-30 – Cat
Cats are an ideal pet for those who live in smaller environments or work full time. Like every pet, all cats are different and they often vary in the amount of attention they wish to give and receive. Nevertheless, if you’re looking for a cute little pal who will always be waiting for you to get home at the end of the day, a cat may be right for you.
31-36 – Rabbit
Did you know that rabbits can live in your home free range and be litter trained? These friendly and affectionate pets require care similar to that of a cat, but love snacking on plenty of fresh leafy greens and produce and can be a tad destructive if you don’t properly bunny-proof your home.
37-42 – Dog
Dogs are known to be intelligent, loyal, and outgoing, so if you’re looking for a new best friend to get out and exercise with, this may be the pet for you. Dogs are a very common companion but do require plenty of training, energy, grooming, and a larger budget than other pets.
RATHER SHOP AND SUPPORT LOCAL STORES?
CHECK OUT THESE OTHER GREAT PLACES TO PURCHASE OUR PRODUCTS.
GETTING A NEW PET! IT’S A TREAT!
Tell us about your pet, share a pic and you could win a free bag of treats! We’ll select a few winners each month to receive a complimentary bag of our deliciously fun and always fresh pet treats.